Brew, Cellar and Package (full time)
City Star Brewing is looking to add a brewery employee to our team. City Star Brewing is a brewery and tasting room located in downtown Berthoud, Colorado. We currently operate a 3.5BBL direct-fire brew house with 7bbl and 15bbl fermenters and brite tanks. In 2020 we purchased a direct-fire 7BBL brew house, which we are working to make operational. Currently most beer is packaged in kegs and 16oz cans (Microcanner canning line) and sold through the tasting room. Kegs are independently self-distributed to select restaurant partners in Northern Colorado.
The ideal candidate would be a hard-working individual with a passion for craft beer who takes pride in completing tasks with an attention to detail and commitment to quality. You must be able to communicate effectively with team members. A good attitude is a must as well as being able to share a small workspace with others. This position includes the following brewing operations: cleaning kegs, kettles, and tanks, operate brew house, package beer, yeast management, record keeping, inventory management, and offer taproom and sales support.
- Commercial brewing experience and/or fermentation science education
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful, plus multi-task – to prioritize and complete multiple projects and responsibilities without cutting any corners
- Capability to understand, follow, maintain and improve SOPs
- Effective time management: ability to work efficiently at a fast-pace with precision and good sanitary technique
- Basic knowledge of proper chemical handling and brewery safety
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Personable, positive attitude, honest, reliable, responsible
- Strong communication skills, competent at following directions, and able to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Must keep a clean work environment, and understand the necessity of organization and cleanliness in a brewery environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to physically execute the daily requirements of brewing including the ability to lift and move up to 160 pounds (manually stacking and unstacking kegs), to twist, turn, stoop/bend, and to reach above your shoulders (50lb bags of grain), and to work in standing/walking positions for long periods of time
- Enthusiastic about craft beer
- Ability to record all brew house information accurately and legibly, Beer30 brewing software knowledge is a plus
- Clean driving record
- Minimum of 21 years old
Position opens January 2024. Schedule is full-time 32-40 hours/week, with the exact schedule dependent on individual and brewery schedules.
Competitive wage and health benefits. Compensation commensurate with level of experience.
To be considered for this position please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial communication regarding this position will be primarily via e-mail. No phone calls please. Must be able to interview in person.