We’re poppin’ bottles!
We will open all of our barrel aged beers that are currently for sale in bottles. Have a taste, or a glass (10oz pours, only).
- Troubadour | Brown ale aged 3 months in KJ Wood whiskey oak barrels. 5.8% ABV, bottled 5-5-17.
- Deadwood | Imperial red ale aged 4 months in Spirit Hound Distillers whiskey oak barrels. Held by candlelight, this beer is deep garnet in color. The Idaho 7 hops in the base beer impart apricot and tropical fruit notes to the aroma, while plum and dried cherry flavors from the whiskey barrels mingle on the tongue. The beer finishes with sweet whiskey notes and a mild lingering heat. Lace up your boots and strap on your spurs, ’cause this brew is rowdy like the town it was named for. 11.4% ABV, bottled 8-4-17.
- Belle | Sour oatmeal pale ale aged 2 years in whiskey oak barrels and aged 3 months with golden passion fruit. 6.6% ABV, bottled 4-8-17.
- Scarlet | Sour stout aged 9 months in oak barrels finished with cherries. Soured with both lactobacillus and pediococcus bacteria as well as brettanomyces yeast (big words for excellent souring agents!). A blend of Bing, Lambert, Van, and Royal Anne sweet cherries were added to this beer… approximately 50lbs of cherry per barrel. The beer has a velvety smooth mouthfeel. Luscious waves of cocoa roll along the tongue, and the cherry sweetness rounds out the sour flavor profile. 7% ABV, bottled 2-2-18.
- Buccaneer | The 2017 vintage of Buccaneer is an American Strong Ale brewed with wildflower honey and aged 20 months in rum oak barrels. The flavor profile is malt forward with notes of caramel, toffee, raisin, vanilla, and of course honey. This strong ale goes down pleasantly smooth in contrast to its abrasive name and will steal away your worries and make your stress walk the plank at the end of a hard day. (Is that too many pirate references?)
12.7% ABV, bottled 11-10-17.
- Outlaw | The 2017 vintage of this imperial stout was aged 14-18 months in Kentucky bourbon whiskey oak barrels. Flavors of rich chocolate, toffee, dark dried fruit, oak, vanilla and of course American whiskey. A rich and creamy mouthfeel leaves you lingering for another pour. 12.75% ABV, bottled 8-25-17.
Non-Barrel Aged Bottled Beers
- Widow Maker | A colossal Imperial Stout, City Star’s darkest beer brewed in honor of the darkest day of the year. 10.5% ABV, bottled 12-19-17.
- French Roast Widow Maker | The French Roast variant of Widow Maker Imperial Stout is infused with Denver based Dazbog’s French Roast coffee. Two pounds of coarse ground coffee per barrel are added to the conditioned beer for a robust 24 hour cold brew. 10.5% ABV, bottled 12-19-17.